Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitch notation
Hi Robin,

It would be great to have various options to display pitch notations, in addition to cents deviation. I would use HEJI, personally.

(It's great that you keep developing your software! I still use it on a daily basis when composing.)

Best,
(2023-08-10, 13:19:34)Simon Martin Wrote: Hi Robin,

It would be great to have various options to display pitch notations, in addition to cents deviation. I would use HEJI, personally.

(It's great that you keep developing your software! I still use it on a daily basis when composing.)

Best,

Hi Simon, Thanks for your feedback! We decided to stick to the two Soundgrape notations as they grew organically out of the tuning vine. Whilst it would be possible of course to add HEJI for a future update, it includes cents deviations above and below 50 which would be incompatible with the tuning vine, in which all cents deviations remain within 50 cents. It also doesn't explicitly notate prime number three. I actually find the Soundgrape B&W the most intuitive to use, and also the easiest to write by hand. Btw. it's possible to deactivate the central node turning pale in v2.0 - I know this was something that you personally didn't like in v1.5.
Robin Hayward